Monday 28 April 2008

Tuesday 15th April

It was absolutely belting it down in Auckland today. Now it felt time to leave NZ for (hopefully) sunnier climbs. Just dashing out to the car and back rendered me soaking wet, in the end we drove to an underground carpark just to be able to pack my bags properly without drowning. Signed, sealed and delivered some customs forms to Velo Cycles who had boxed the 575 and stored it for a week or so. Matty was really helpful and didn't grumble once at my blatant usage of their facilities, free boxing and so on. Good lad. Drove to Auckland airport and said 'tara' to Anke and in the twinkling of an eye I was on the Emirates plane and chomping on a bit of fodder watching the Cohen Brother s latest film: No Country For Old Men. Touched down on Aussie soil and got sniffed out for bringing an apple into the country. Now call me sceptical but this is the country ram packed full of crocs, sharks, snakes, spiders, scorpions and a whole host of nasties and they don't want me to bring in a Kiwi apple! Hehe. Twas warm in Brisbane as I landed at 8:30pm, 245 degrees. Commandeered a taxi/bus unit and was dropped off at the Banana Benders backpackers just outside of Brisbane City Centre where I shacked up in a dorm with a couple of Finish girls and a Chinaman.

No comments: